To implement this study we have put together a team of experts that covers a range of expertise and skills needed to manage, implement and present the study. We have constructed a layered team with:
- A core team
- Project management team – that ensures the coordination of the whole study, contact with the stakeholders and steers the team in a single direction.
- Project teams – there are several specific teams focused on thematic issues. They are staffed with experts to maximise on their insight into their field.
- Individual experts – there are several individual thematic experts that are called upon in specific occasions in order to provide deep insight on specific issues The core team consists of researchers from the following organisations:
- Ecorys – International company providing research, consultancy and management services, specialised in economic, social and spatial development. Ecorys aims to deliver real benefit to society and is one of the oldest research and consulting companies in Europe. Ecorys is the first dedicated policy research and consultancy company in Europe and provides technical assistance and capacity building in more than 100 countries. Ecorys has extensive experience with SIAs and investment-related projects and has already performed several projects in China. Furthermore it has strong networks for consultations.
- TNO – The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO is an independent research organisation that believes in the joint creation of economic and social value. It focuses on transitions or changes in five social themes: Industry; Healthy Living; Defence, Safety & Security; Urbanisation and Energy. The mission of TNO is to connect people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the competitive strength of industries and the well-being of society in a sustainable way. In this project TNO brings in an excellent expertise regarding databases and quantitative skills with respect to environmental analyses.
- Oxford Intelligence – A leader in the provision of consulting and quality business information to international businesses and government agencies. Oxford Intelligence delivers solutions to facilitate overseas business development and to meet foreign direct investment (FDI) and trade promotion needs. Established in 1996, the company has grown to become one of Europe’s leading independent research-led consultancy organisations specialising in FDI and trade. In this project Oxford Intelligence brings in deep knowledge of foreign investment, a large database covering EU-China investment flows, as well as access to many of the companies involved in bilateral investment flows.
- Reichwein China Consult – An independent consultancy boutique firm serving foreign investors and higher management in China who want optimised corporate performance. Its services focus on the identification of interests and risks at the formation stage, the ability to resolve problems, and the maintenance of control over the investment and the company in China. As a subcontractor in the China SIA project, Reichwein China Consult brings in its long experience in working in China, including with foreign investors, its knowledge of the Chinese language, its networks and awareness of the issues and sensitivities in undertaking stakeholder consultations in China.